The Minotola Fire Company was founded in 1923 when Richard C. Crowell, Floyd C. Oliver, Steve Costa, Robert Cook, and Olin Ralph petitioned the state to create a new fire district in the community of Minotola. These five men became the first Commissioners for Fire District Two for Buena Boro.
12 volunteers were recruited to staff the department which opened its first station, in a neighbors garage, on Atlantic Avenue in Minotola. In 1930 a permanent station was built on Atlantic Avenue, giving the company its first established home where it could house its first two pieces of apparatus.
In 1987 the need for a new station capable of housing modern apparatus and equipment was needed and construction began at a new location on Wheat Road. On October 14, 1990 the Minotola Fire Company celebrated the dedication of the new Station 11-2, followed by its 75th anniversary just eight years later.
Today the company continues to reside at its 255 Wheat Road Station and is equipped with a 2017 E-one 100′, 2000 gpm ladder truck, 2002 Pierce 2000 gpm Rescue-Engine with extraction tools, a 1986 Brush Truck for wildland firefighting, and a 2014 Rescue One air/light/rescue utility truck to support extended firefighting operations. It is staffed by a dedicated corps of highly trained volunteers who continue to serve with the same spirit of community service as their founders.